Tinted moisturizer does the job of two products. It moisturizes the skin and gives a sheer color instead of a heavy foundation. Choose a color that matches your skin tone for even coverage. This type of makeup is light, fresh and feels good on your face.
Tinted moisturizer is better for your skin than foundation. Because of its light nature, it soaks into the skin quickly, does not clog your pores and leaves no hard lines to blend away. These moisturizers have a light amount of foundation added so you will not look overdone.
What are the benefits of using a tinted moisturizer?
Tinted Moisturizers are:
- Lighter in texture and keep your skin from feeling dry and tight.
- Available in a variety colors for every skin tone.
- Good for minimizing fine lines and smooth wrinkles.
- Cost effective and save time combining two products in one.
- Good for your skin, will not clog the pores like foundation.
How to choose a good tinted moisturizer:
A good tinted moisturizer should match your skin tone and not look artificial. Try a little on the inside of your wrist or the back of your hand for a true color match. The skin on the inside of your wrist is your true skin color but if you have a little bit of a tan use the back of your hand. It should feel light and sink in quickly, not feel sticky or greasy. Not all tinted moisturizers have SPF protection so be sure to ask for one that does.
How to apply tinted moisturizer to your face:
- Wash your face and prepare your skin the way you would for applying makeup. Choose a product with SPF to protect your skin from harmful Ultra Violet rays.
- Dampen a makeup sponge with a little water and squeeze out.
- Put a small amount of tinted moisturizer in your hand and dab with the sponge.
- Apply to the face on the forehead, cheeks, and chin and blend with the sponge to cover the rest of the face. Blend the edges so everything looks smooth.
- Once you have applied the tinted moisturizer you can set it with a little pressed powder. Dust a little powder over your nose, cheeks and forehead or any place that tends to get shiny.
- Always check your makeup in natural light. The lights in the bathroom give an artificial glow that will look different when you walk outside. When you finish putting on your makeup, take a mirror and walk to a window and check how it looks in daylight.
Tinted moisturizers are great for keeping your skin looking fresh and soft. They are also designed to illuminate or brighten your appearance. For a fresh look apply a tinted lip gloss to compliment your rosy glow.