Howdoyoudo.net - Hobbies - Crafts - How To Make Money Holder Cards
How To Make Money Holder Cards
Want to give cash discreetly to a newlywed couple at a prosperity dance without fishing for your wallet? Are your favorite nieces or nephews celebrating their birthdays and you are on pins and needles wondering what to get them as gifts?
There's a wonderful go-to alternative for your dilemma and they're called Money Holder Cards. You can make them at home and expand this into a moneymaking project while you’re at it, too!
You will need:
Here’s how to do it:
Cut your card stock into specifically-sized pieces:
You will make many pieces from your card stock #s 1, 2, and 3.
Stamping the essential pieces:
4. Take your ink and choose the colors that you like to use for stamping. Your ink colors should not clash with the colors and designs of your card stock.
5. Then, peel off any of the designs from your acrylic stamp and place it on a stamp block. Make sure that it’s properly adhered to the stamp block.
6. Pour a small amount of ink on the stamp pad and spread it evenly on its surface.
7. Next, dip your stamp block on the ink and proceed to stamp the design on all the smallest pieces of card stock #1, #2, and # 3.
8. Allow these to air dry.
Assembling the cover of the money holder card:
9. Take card stock #1 and fold it lengthwise down the center. Now you have a card that’s been trimmed down to 3 ½ inches x 8 inches.
10. Take card stock #2 and place a small amount of clear glue on its sides. Stick this on the front cover of card stock #1.
11. Take card stock #3 - the ones measuring 1 inch x ¾ of an inch and 1 inch x 3 ½ inches. Place a small amount of glue on its sides and proceed to stick this on opposite ends of card stock #2. These will appear like bar lines, an added twist to your design. Remember though that you are free to stick these strips where you want it most.
12. Take smaller squares of the paper piece that you stamped earlier on with your designs and layer that on card stock #2.
Assembling the interior of the money card holder:
13. Take your card stock #2 – those two batches that measure 3 inches x 7 ½ inches. Place a small amount of glue on its sides and proceed to stick this on the right side of the interior of the holder.
14. Then, take another square piece from your stamp designs and layer this on to card stock #2. Make sure that it is properly glued on to the card stock and has enough space for when you need to close the cover on its center crease. This will be your money card holder décor and small pocket liner for placing your money into.
15. You are done.
When you market and sell your money card holder, you can add other embellishments like glitter or stickers if you prefer. Feel free to let your creative juices flow on this project! Money card holders sell anywhere from $4.99 to $24.00 depending on your overhead and materials used.
How do you do: http://www.howdoyoudo.net