A money belt is an essential item that you should have with you when you travel. It is good to have so that you can have your money with you at all times. The good thing about wearing a money belt is that you do not have to do digging around inside your bag to find your wallet. There are money belts that are available for purchase in stores. However, they can be quite expensive and they only have limited designs to choose from. You can make your own money belt easily.
Follow these simple steps to learn how to make a money belt:
- Materials that you need. The materials that you need for making a money belt are the belt that you want to use, Velcro strips, super glue, a money pouch and some newspapers. You can purchase Velcro strips from your local arts and crafts store.
- Prepare the work area. Choose a location where you want to work. Lay down some newspapers on the surface of your work area. This will prevent the super glue from getting on the surface and ruining your table. You can tape down the sides of the newspapers to prevent them from flying around.
- Making the belt pouch. Now you are ready to make your money belt. Place the belt on the surface of your work area with the wrong side of the belt upwards. Determine where you want the money pouch to be. You can choose to have it on the center of the belt or on the side. Get one of the Velcro pieces and glue it on the belt. Get the other piece of the Velcro and glue it at the back of your money pouch. Wait for the glue to dry completely before you try out your money belt. This can take a few minutes.
- Test your money belt. When the glue is already dry, you can test your money belt. Put some bills inside the money pouch, seal it and attach the Velcro pieces together. When you wear the belt, the money pouch should be secured between the belt and your trousers. If you need to get money, just strip off the money pouch from the Velcro and use your money. It is that easy.
- Variations. Now you know how you can make a money belt. If you find that the glue is not good enough to hold the Velcro in place, what you can do is stitch the Velcro pieces to the belt and to the money pouch. This should provide a good grip so that you won’t lose your money. Make different designs and colors for your money belt so that you can pair them up with your attire when you travel or go shopping.
Now you know how to make a money belt. You don’t have to spend so much
money on money belts from stores. When using your money belt, always be
aware of your surroundings. Do not expose all of your money in a public