Homeopathic tissue salts -- also known as homeopathic cell salts -- are a simple system within the larger field of homeopathics. Tissue salts are homeopathically prepared with the basis of organic salts that are part of our body naturally. We often think of 'salt' as what we put on our food. This salt that we know as sodium chloride is one of the twelve tissue salts and known by its Latin name -- Nat. Mur. Tissue salts are great to use for our general health including very young babies.
Tissue salts are compounded in a simple maltose or lactose base that dissolves rapidly in the mouth, and are safe even if accidentally taken in a larger dose. As with all therapeutic substances, keep them out of reach of young children and do not treat them as 'candy'. It's a great idea to have all twelve in your wellness cabinet so they'll always be at hand. There are inexpensive books just focusing on tissue salts.
Homeopathics including tissue salts are symptom-dependent. Seeing and feeling are important assessment skills for your and your family's wellness.
Any article written about self help must have a disclaimer, so here it is. You cannot treat, diagnose or prescribe for yourself or family. You must see your physician who is licensed to do those three things. You have the right to educate yourself and family and to maintain your general health. Be wise, pay attention, only do what feels right to you and do not treat any natural remedy as though it is the same as, or replacement for, necessary medicines. Never feel that you have to choose to either use natural remedies or medicines... you should use everything and anything that helps you and your family maintain its health and wellness. You should also express thankfulness that multiple systems of wellness exist. Be responsible.
- Nat Mur (Sodium Chloride). Use this tissue salt when there are watery symptoms such as tearing, running nose or urinating too much. It's also great for bringing up a sweat in hot weather. Symptoms are worse in hot weather and evening. Symptoms are too dry someplace and too wet someplace else.
- Nat Phos (Sodium Phosphate). Look for yellow excretions particularly in the eye or dripping out the nose. Even with these two remedies you can already see how useful they could be. This is also the remedy for acidic conditions such as sour stomach.
- Nat Sulph (Sodium Sulphate). This is the remedy for symptoms that are worse in the morning no matter what they are.
- Kali Mur (Potassium Chloride). This remedy is for white secretions. Think pimples with white stuff inside. It's also for clear, egg white, slimy secretions. The difference between Nat Mur and Kali Mur is whether the substance feels watery (NM) or slippery (KM). Symptoms are worse from motion or rich and fatty foods.
- Kali Phos (Potassium Phosphate). This is the ultimate cell salt remedy for 'nerves'. You can bang your thumb and set your nerves right off. You can have a headache and experience pain (these are nerves) or you can feel nervous or stressed. Those with nerve/pain issues should try Kali Phos. Symptoms are relieved by gentle motion, eating, rest, excitement or anything that diverts the mind.
- Kali Sulph (Potassium Sulphate). This remedy is used for all symptoms that are worse in the evening. It's also a great skin remedy when there are yellow secretions. Symptoms are also worse in a warm room and better from cool, fresh air.
- Calc Phos (Calcium Phosphate). We have 57% of this salt in our bones so it's great for bone aches and growing pains (Ah now you are learning ... pain/nerves = Kali Phos + Calc Phos for bones). This might help. You'll only know if you try and pay attention. It's also good for teeth. Symptoms are relieved by rest, warmth and lying down.
- Calc Fluor (Calcium Fluoride). This remedy is great for the tissue that holds us all together, called connective tissue. It's great for strained backs, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. It's part of the enamel of the teeth. The symptoms are worse in damp weather and relieved by rubbing.
- Calc Sulph (Calcium Sulphate). Along with Kali Sulph, this is a great skin remedy. This one is used when healing of skin is slow. This also means the skin constantly has problems. Symptoms are worse by getting wet, washing or working in water.
- Ferrum Phos (Iron Phosphate). This is the remedy you take when there is any inflammation or anything that gets red like sore throats or fevers with red face. It builds blood, so it's great when you're tired. Symptoms are worse by motion and relieved by cold.
- Mag Phos (Magnesium Phosphate). This is a great remedy for cramps, spasms or convulsions. It can be taken with Kali Phos (nerves/pain). Symptoms are worse from cold air, water and by touch. They get better from heat, firm pressure, friction and bending double.
- Silicea (Silica). This remedy is found in hair, nails, skin and the covering of bones and nerves. It's a great skin remedy. For example if you have boil or pimples that haven't come to a head then Silicea is the remedy. If the skin problem isn't healing, then use Calc Sulph.
For further reference, you might find books with titles such as Dr. Schuessler's Tissue Salts or Biochemistry: Twelve Biochemic Remedies. Since there are many books on this topic, just search for 'tissue salt', 'cell salts' or Dr. Schuessler's biochemistry.
Usually the books have a simple explanation of each cell salt at the front. In the middle are specific disorders and at the end is the 'repertory'. Repertories are divided into areas of the body such as eyes, ears and head as well as systems such as respiratory, reproductive or the female reproductive system. In the repertory you'll also find mental, skin and fever symptoms.
There you go, twelve biochemic remedies in a simple form. They last forever. Keep them in a dry, cool place, and not in direct sun. Even babies can take them. But like all remedies, keep them out of the reach of children and consult your doctor.
- Pay attention to symptoms.
- Pay attention to whether you feel better.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult your physician.
- Tissue Salts
- Biochemic Cell Salts